Poste proposé : Senior Financial Accountant ( M / F )
We are seeking for a Senior Financial Accountant ( M / F ).
He/She will provide support & guidance to senior managers, budget holders in donor compliance issues and budget monitoring ;
To assist the Financial Controller in the day-to-day operations of the accounts and finance function including but not limited to compliance, controls, donor and partner management, reporting, budgets and staff capacity building.; Ensure all relevant financial compliance and audit requirements are adhered to while ensuring all financial data are accurately captured in the Concern financial system ;
The incumbent will oversee the completion of Kenya management accounts by due date and distribution to budget holders and, prepare draft Financial Report Package and Budget for review by the Country Financial Controller as per Concern cycle.
Budgets and Budget Revisions as per Concern Budgeting Cycle
- Follow up on timey submission of budgets from budget holders and undertake review of draft budgets to confirm that it reflects as accurately as possible the financial impact of proposed activities;
- Assist in consolidating finalized Budget Data in to the standard budget pack ;
- Generate revised budget codes based on revised budget ;
- Ensure appropriate and updated soft and hard copy filing and documentation of the budget information exists ;
- Financial Reporting Pack (FRP) as per Concern Reporting Cycle ;
- Assist the Financial Controller during financial report (FRP) preparations by producing a draft FRP for review with the Financial Controller ;
- Assist in addressing FRP review feedback from HQ ;
- Properly file the final FRP after feedback both in soft and hard copies ;
- Undertake periodical joint review (at least quarterly) of management accounts with budget holders based on agreed upon arrangements ;
- Review of transactions processed by bookkeepers/cashiers ;
- Processing of journals including depreciation, payroll, etc ;
- Monthly reconciliations for the closing of the books.
Donor Management (Budgeting, Reporting, Filing)
- Ensure all relevant donor guidelines, policies, circulars and procedures are readily available, streamlined, complied with during both planning, implementation and closeout of grants ;
- Liaise with Programmers and Prepare/ update a schedule of all reports to be submitted during the year. Ensure that donor report are prepare on time ;
- Participate in periodic joint review of donor reports with budget holders upon arrangements ;
- Perform budget eligibility tests against donor guidelines/requirements during new budget development ;
- Represent finance in new proposal/budget development process ;
- Ensure appropriate and updated soft and hard copy filing and documentation regarding donor budget and report exists.
- Managing direct reports to ensure delivery of results ;
- Coaching and mentoring finance staff that has potential to rise to more senior level positions in the organization ;
- Provide induction on finance for newly joined and maintain up-to-date induction materials ;
- Assist in development of the capacity of local finance team in the HO and program field offices to ensure a high standard of financial management is maintained ;
- Participate in facilitating/organizing training to finance and non-finance managers in consultation with the Financial controller ;
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Profil recherché pour le poste : Senior Financial Accountant ( M / F )
- Assist in the management of audit (internal and external) process ;
- Pay regular supervisory field visits ;
- Represent the Finance Department internally and externally ;
- Maintain good communications within the team and ensure that all information is shared within the team ;
- Ensuring the non-disclosure of any information acquired in the course of duty, relating to the practices and business of Concern Worldwide, to any other person or Organization except in normal execution of the above duties ;
- Ensuring strict guardianship and security of financial data and documents at all times, including secure storage, accurate & complete filing and limiting access to the finance office to authorized personnel only ;
- Ensuring, along with all staff, that all activities are implemented and managed in a transparent participatory manner and in line with Concern Worldwide policies and procedures.
Critères de l’annonce pour le poste : Senior Financial Accountant ( M / F )
- Bac+2/3/4, A Degree in Commerce, Finance, Accounting or related field ;
- At least seven (2) years’ experience working in a similar role ;
- Knowledge of international donors’ rules, tools and templates will be a plus ;
- Proficient in computer software applications including at least one accounting/financial software, preferably Serenic or Microsoft standard Navision, Word and Excel ;
- Confidentiality, integrity, accountability and attention to detail ;
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organization and planning skills ;
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and French.
Métier :Gestion, comptabilité, finance Secteur d´activité :Activités associativesEspaces verts, forêts, chasse Type de contrat :CDD Région :Brazzaville Ville : Brazzaville Niveau d’expérience :Expérience entre 2 ans et 5 ans Niveau d’études :Bac+2 Nombre de poste(s) : 1